- Specialist Australian Expedition Leader as your battlefield/historical guide (for Australian led treks)
- Public Liability Insurance Protection (limit of A$10 million per claim)
- Return international airfare (for bookings ex-Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane or Sydney)
- Charter airfare between Port Moresby and Kokoda
- Airport/accommodation transfers whilst in Port Moresby
- Accommodation in Port Moresby on a twin-share basis
- Breakfast and dinner in Port Moresby on first and last day
- 23 kg baggage allowance on international flight
- Group Carriers
- Kokoda Track Authority Trek Fee
- Village campsite/guesthouse fees
- 24/7 contact with our rear link in Port Moresby
- All meals during the trek
- Group First Aid Kit
- All group trekking gear – safety ropes, machetes, shovels, tarpaulins, etc
- Individual mosquito proof tent
- Prepaid departure taxes from Australia
- Topographical Map
- Polo shirt with embroidered Kokoda logo
- Certificate of completion
- Backpack 75L included when you engage a Personal Carrier
- Paddy Pallin 15% discount on trekking clothing and equipment
- Personal travel insurance
- Anti-malarial medication/inoculations as recommended
- Backpack or Daypack
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Personal clothing and equipment as recommended
- Personal first-aid items as recommended
- Personal expenses in Port Moresby - telephone calls, alcoholic drinks, room service, laundry, etc
- Excess baggage (over the 23 kg allowance on international flight)
- Personal Carrier
A deposit of $500 per person is payable on confirmation of booking. The deposit is non-refundable.
Balance of payment due is payable 60 days prior to departure.
Cancellation Notice and Charges
Cancellation of confirmed bookings is to be in writing. The following penalties will apply:
Travel insurance is mandatory for all trekkers.
We strongly recommend you take out personal travel insurance at the time you pay your deposit to protect yourself against unforeseen circumstances such a personal injury during training or because you might have a compassionate reason that could prevent you from joining the trek you have booked on.
You are required to have a personal travel insurance policy at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your trek. Your travel insurance policy must include provision for
emergency evacuation from anywhere along the track by helicopter, aircraft, or porters to Port Moresby;
medical treatment in Port Moresby and/or Australia as appropriate;
payment of hospital bills and repatriation back to Australia if necessary;
travel delays; lost/delayed luggage; lost/stolen money;
death and disability cover.
You are required to advise Adventure Kokoda of your Policy Number and Insurance Company and certify that it includes the above requirements.
If you book ex-Port Moresby and arrange your own international air tickets you must ensure you are able to transfer them to another date should your trek be cancelled or postponed for any reason. Adventure Kokoda will not be responsible for any loss due to air tickets that are not transferable to another time or date.
Credit Card Charge
A surcharge is applicable on all payments made by credit card. This varies according to the normal rate charged by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners, etc.
You will need to have a current passport - which MUST be valid for six months from the return date of your travel.
VISA FOR ENTRY INTO PNG
You will need to arrange for an entry Visa into PNG. Visa on Arrival (VOA) can be obtained for eligible countries. Visit the Papua New Guinea Immigration and Citizenship website for further information or contact your nearest PNG Diplomatic Mission. The visa will be valid for six months from the time of issue.
The trek price may change at any time due to international currency fluctuations, Australian/PNG airport tax departure variations, airline fuel surcharges, and other charges.
These variations would not normally be charged to you after your full payment has been received. However if the variations are substantial you will have the option of canceling your trip and receiving a full refund or upgrading to a later trek.
PNG has been referred to as 'the land of the unexpected'. It is a developing nation and as such we cannot accept responsibility for accident, loss, injury, disappointment, delay in irregularity in flight accommodation, transportation and other services provided on your trip.
Application for any refunds due to any of these unforeseen circumstances must be made in writing. Any claim must be limited to the cost of the service. Adventure Kokoda does not accept liability for any additional costs for airline or transportation delays. In the event of any legal action against Adventure Kokoda the client/travel agent agrees where and/or accepting travel documents that such action will take place under the terms of the laws of the independent nation of Papua New Guinea.
Trek Itinerary Variations
Adventure Kokoda reserves the right to:
change direction of the trek from Owers Corner to Kokoda or from Kokoda to Owers Corner if there are less than 10 trekkers booked on a particular direction; and
make any variations to the trek itinerary in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
If you are not in peak physical condition you are strongly advised to engage a Personal Carrier prior to your departure from Australia.
If you are required to engage a Personal Carrier during your trek, you will be required to pay the full fee plus a $150 surcharge. Adventure Kokoda cannot guarantee the engagement of personal carriers during any trek.
Withdrawal from the Trek
If you have to withdraw from the trek for medical or any other reason you will be required to return to Australia on the first available international flight.
If you are evacuated from the trek for any reason you will be required to meet any personal accommodation, transport and medical expenses incurred whilst in Port Moresby and claim these against your personal travel insurance policy.
Adventure Kokoda will not accept liability for any such expenses.
Personal Health Requirements
The Kokoda Trail crosses the rugged and remote Owen Stanley ranges in Papua New Guinea. The trek across the trail is a physically arduous challenge in a hot, humid and wet tropical environment. You therefore need to have a high standard of physical fitness and be free of physical ailments and handicaps.
You are advised to arrange for an appointment with your Medical Doctor to arrange for complete health check-up and fitness test due to the remote and physically challenging nature of the trek across the Kokoda Trail.